FOR YOUNG ADULTS
Remember the Gift: Initiatory Mentorship
young adults age 18-28
6 month program to deepen qualities of connection, courage and purpose and gather tools and community necessary to navigate the passage into adulthood in a changing world.
2018 program dates: February 2-4, March 9-11, April 6-8, May 18-20, June 22-30, July 27-29
These times call for us to get real about who we are and why we are here, and understand the context in which we live. This is for those of you who are stepping onto your unique path, know you have gifts to offer the world, and are ready to deepen your relationship to yourself, others and the wider world.
The program offers an opportunity for participants to lean into the support of a group of peers, with connection, inspiration and accountability - while exploring the inner and outer worlds using a map of the wheel of life.
Each weekend we investigate different themes around our personal, interpersonal, communal and global relations. We move around the wheel of life using a map of the four directions, beginning with our gratitude, honoring our grief and pain for the world, looking at what needs healing and reconciliation personally and collectively, learning to see with new eyes, exploring meaning and purpose and finally, integration and going forth into the world.
Curriculum elements/core practices:
- Nature Connection - Sensory awareness, self-generated ceremony, cycles of change, elemental intimacy
- Peacemaking - Council, communication, storytelling, forgiveness
- Healing and Soul Work - identify core patterns and limiting beliefs, dream work, owning judgments and projections, shadow, wheel of life map, trauma resiliency, authenticity and connection, ancestral lineage remembering, somatic awarenss
- Community Leadership - reading the field, self-regulation, heart- centered facilitation, honoring transitions, rites of passage, awareness of privilege and power dynamics, grief and gratitude
- Creativity - writing, poetry, song, music, prayer, practices of connection, grief and gratitude
- Mindfulness - presence, meditation, loving-kindness, witness, being with difficult emotions
- Mentoring - listening deeply, art of questioning
- Recreating the Village - camping, shared meals, ritual, song and movement
What you will receive:
- Healing and self reflection
- Initiation into yourself and your life purpose
- Experience of growing trust in yourself and building trust with others
- Deepening your intimate connection with yourself
- Tools and skills to use throughout your life
- Community support and witnessing
- Daily connection practices
This is an experiment in community living; we create a village during the time we are together.
We meet once a month over the course of six months. Five of the gatherings are weekends, Friday at 4pm – Sunday 4pm; one of the gatherings is a weeklong, June 22-30.
The first weekend in Feb, we will meet at a beautiful home in Santa Barbara, CA. The remaining sessions, we will camp at a wilderness location and permaculture site about 2 hours from Santa Barbara. Participants are responsible for their own camping equipment.
During the weeklong session, which takes place at a local wilderness area, there is a 3 day and night solo.
Food is provided during all the sessions. We will cook together and have communal meals.
Each weekend is led by Alexis Slutzky, with support from various other teachers and mentors throughout our time.
There will be structured time together, in small groups, dyads, and time alone as well as free time. Each day we will have morning practice, group activities, shared meals, and co-created communal events.
Each participant has the opportunity for a one-on-one mentoring session between meetings.
Limited to 14 participants
Cost: 2000$. Scholarships and reduced fee available. Please do not let cost prohibit you from inquiring.